Here in this guide check out how you can update AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317 with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware update.
Choose the ‘choco-delicious’ features of Android 4.4 KitKat OS! You can now install Android 4.4 KitKat on AT&THow to Remove Verizon and AT&T LG G3 Bloatware Apps. Read more ... » Galaxy Note 2 SGH-1317 using a CM11 custom ROM that is unofficial. Though still new this ROM runs smoothly and is stable. Flashing the ROM zip and the Google Apps zip files on phone requires ClockwordMod custom recovery.
Once you install, the CM11 custom ROM offers most features of Android 4.4 including cell, data, camera, cam, external-SD card, MMS, music, videos, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
- Make sure USB drivers meant for Samsung Galaxy Note-2 are installed and work well.
- Take a backup of all data, including photos, videos, apps etc. Do this by choosing relevant backup options for Apps, SMS messages, contacts, Gmail, Google Data, Call history, WhatsApp messages, APN that is GPRS, 3G and MMS settings. Some of these can be backed up syncing with Google Sync. Second way is to use Samsung KIES for manual backup which is actually an easier way of moving data across different Android devices. The best option is to take a backup using custom recovery so that the existing phone set-up gets saved and backed up in current format.
- Enable USB debugging if there’s a problem connecting Android phone to computer.
- Charge Android device battery up to 80%. This prevents hard-bricking that occurs if phone battery gets discharged while custom ROM installation is mid-way.
- Don’t use this guide and try the procedure on a carrier-locked phone.
Installing CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-1317
- Download CM11 AT&T Note 2 Android 4.4 ROM to computer. Also download Google Apps for Galaxy Note 2.
- Connect phone USB memory to computer and copy/paste the two downloaded zip files to SD card in root location.
- Turn off the phone once, disconnect it from USB cable and get into Recovery mode by holding Volume Up+ Home + Power keys together.
- Select option ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ on ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Select ‘Wipe Cache partition’ option to perform a cache wipe. Optionally you can wipe the dalvik cache through option displayed in ‘Advanced’ option from CWM recovery.
- Return to main Reovery screen and install zip from SD card. Use volume keys to navigate to Android 4.4 ROM zip file saved on SD card and select using power button. Confirm installation to initiate it. Repeat this step for installing GApps zip file.
Done with installation? Go back, reboot phone choosing option from Recovery menu. Enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat OS!