Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is no longer a history. Your LG Optimus G Pro can be updated to Android 4.3 JB firmware as well. Follow the guide here.
While the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Optimus G Pro might take time as the track record of LG is not nice in terms of device updates. Even there is no ETA for the official update and under such circumstances updating your device is essential for many reasons.
Preparing Your Phone
- This firmware update is only valid to LG Optimus G Pro E985 phone an it shouldn’t be used on any other LG phone or even other Optimus G Pro variants. So this process it not for Optimus G F240 for Korea, L-04E for Japan or not event for E980 for AT&THow to Remove Verizon and AT&T LG G3 Bloatware Apps. Read more ... » USA.
- You are required to charge your phone to 100 % battery life and then proceed with the update instructions.
- You should take the backup of important files, apps. Make use of Super Backup app.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone as a mandatory step. Follow the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” to enable it.
- Finally you should have rooted your Optimus G Pro phone.
Firmware Files Required
Download Optimus G Pro 4.3 Jelly Bean Pack
Dowload and install ROM Manager app on your phone
Optimus G Pro Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
Follow the procedure mentioned below to update your Galaxy Note II competitor -
- Straightaway connect Optimus G Pro to PC using USB cable.
- Make sure that USB drivers are loaded on your PC perfectly.
- Transfer the download Optimus G Pro Android 4.3 file pack to the SD card storage.
- Now disconnect the device by safely removing the phone.
- Open ROM Manager app on your phone and boot your device in Clock Work Mod Recovery.
- On your device boots up automatically you will be taken to CWM Recovery Menu.
- In the Recovery mode Volume Rockers keys are intended for the purpose of navigation between options and Power button to select an highlighted option.
- In the Recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” option.
- All also clear “clear the Dalvik cache” by going through Advanced.
- Come back to CWM Recovery Menu and then select “Install zip from sd card”, navigate to Optimus G Pro Jelly Bean pack and the firmware process update will begin.
- Within 2-3 minutes you will be reverted back to CWM menu, this means firmware has been applied and it just require booting your phone once.
- Now select “reboot system now” to reboot your device in normal mode.
With that you have updated your LG Optimus G Pro with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. Do let us know if you face any issues during update.