In this guide check out how to root LG GPad 8.3 tablet and install ClockWorkMod Recovery on it.
Despite a nice hardware line-up and elegant looks the recently launched LG manufactured GPad 8.3 has not succeeded in creating the buzz we would have expected it to. One main reason could be the availability of cheaper and good variety of tablets by Samsung, Google and other tablet makers. Still the G-Pad 3 is quite a performer on its own. The tablet runs on Android 4.2.2LG Optimus G E975 Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Stable Custom Firmware Update. Read more ... » out-of-box and though you may not find much on XDA development for it you can root the device and use the TWRP, CWM recovery to gain greater access over manufacturer-locked data and features.
Once you root the tablet it’s rid of factory restrictions through important changes to its operating system. This improves battery performance opening way for use of many more apps and making modifications for better customization. Use custom recovery for backing up current ROM that can be restored if required. Before rooting ensure battery is over 60% charged, backup data including contacts, messages, call-logs and use only OEM data-cable.
Steps to Root G Pad 8.3
- Install LG’s USB drivers and enable USB debugging
- Go to Settings> developer options> USB Debugging mode > check. If Developer options is not shown on Settings, tap ‘About device’ and click on ‘build number’ 7 times. This enables Developer options
- Connect device to PC, download and extract the file given in this link: http://goo.g/tqGnWr
- Run Root batch file, while you’re in Root.bat window, click ‘Enter’
- Follow on-screen instructions to root.
Steps to Install Custom- TWRP Recovery on G Pad 8.3
- On rooted device install adb & fastboot.
- Download and extract Recovery package file.
- Open Loki-master that’s been extracted, open ‘Bin folder’
- In ‘Bin folder’ click on and hold the ‘Shift key’ with ‘right click’ on empty screen. Click ‘Open command window here’
- A ‘command’ prompt appears on bin folder
- Connect device to PC after enabling USB debugging.
- On Command prompt type in given commands:
adb push openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-awifi.img data/ local/ tmp
adb push loki_flash/data/local/tmp
/data/local/tmp loki_flash recovery/ data/ local/ tmp/openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-awifi.img
adb reboot recovery
This procedure gets the G Pad in recovery mode.