Check the guide on how to root new Nexus 7 Flo 2013 tablet on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware.
Google has released new Nexus 7 tablet as expected and the device is called as the FLO tablet. The new tablet introduced the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean version as well, clearing the rumors of Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. So for Key Lime Pie we have to wait till 2014. The Nexus 7 was not just announced but it’s available for purchase from the very next day and if you have this tablet, you might be looking to root your device so that you can run your favorite root-only apps. As per your needs we shown here the rooting guide of New Nexus 7 tablet made by Asus.
The good thing about New Nexus 7 – you will not have to unlock the bootloaders as its doesn’t have those iterations and it runs on stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean version. Therefore rooting your Nexus 7 2013 model will not take much time.
Preparing Your Tablet for Root
- You should ensure to full charge your tablet.
- Enable USB debugging on the tablet by going through Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging Mode. If you don’t find Development options, go to Settings > About Phone and tap seven times on the Build Number Entry.
- This tutorial is only compatible with new Nexus 7 tablet.
- You will lose all your data stored in your internal memory, so backup is prime requirement.
- Also download and install WinRar or 7-zip on your Windows PC.
- This procedure is only valid for Windows PC. As such it shouldn’t be performed on Mac or Linux or any other PC.
FLO_STOCK_RECOVERY – Download link – md5: ce864d17bc62cab84ee50576c97d926a – size: 9 MB
Google USB Drivers – md5: 1389bb2de0c9cacce27c76f1c71592ef – size: 8 MB
How to Root Nexus 7 FLO (2013)
Installing TWRP Recovery: First all of you need to install TWRP recovery on your Android tablet, follow the instructions to install TWRP recovery -
- Download TWRP recovery image file
- Open the folder where the recovery image file has been downloaded and rename your recovery “recovery-twrp” simply. Re-open your previous Command Prompt window.
- Type the following command to flash the recovery image fileCode:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp.img
- The recovery will be flashed and the progress could be observed in the CMD window itself.
Finally Root New Nexus 7: Follow the instructions mentioned here carefully -
- Once its done, you will have to unlock the bootloaders if any on your Nexus 7 New tablet.
- It’s the time to download Super SU app package on your Windows PC..
- Now copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip to the root storage of your Nexus 7.
- Open a new CMD window and type the following command:Code:
adb reboot recovery
- The device will now reboot itself into TWRP recovery mode.
- Select the zip file and start flashing your device.
- When done, Go back to “System” and slide the “Reboot” button to reboot your device.
And with that your new Nexus 7 running on Android 4.3 is now rooted.
If you find this rooting guide is not of your choice, then go with simplest procedure to root Nexus 7 FLO tablet.