Galaxy Ace Android Kitkat- In this guide check out how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace Android 4.4 Kitkat update on your device.
When the Samsung Galaxy-Ace was launched 2 years ago it carried Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread as original OS. But just a few months later it officially got updated to Android 2.3.6. While there’s been no official update since one finds frequent updates from developers. The Galaxy Ace has already witnessed custom ROM firmware updates like CM9, CM10, 10.1 and 10.2. You can now also upgrade it to a custom 4.4 KitKat using CM11 custom ROM.
There could be glitches when using this custom ROM, including problems in FM radio and camera functioning for recording videos. While developers are expected to sort out these issues eventually right now the ROM is usable in form of daily driver.
- Use the guide given for installing Android 4.4 KitKat CM-11 ROM only on Samsung Galaxy-Act S5830 and not any other phone.
- Charge battery to 60%, wipe data before ROM is flashed, take data backup.
- Download the drivers Specific to Galaxy Ace.
- Root the phone.
- Install Clockworkmod recovery or other options.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- Download CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy-Ace S5830 from here. Save this file to SD-card of phone.
- For phones already running on a previous CWM version lower than CWM5 install latest the CWM recovery on device first after downloading it from here. Flash this using current CWM recovery. In case a blue screen comes up, install CM10.2 first and then boot ROM once before flashing recovery. Or, boot phone normally after recovery is installed and install, open ROM Manager app available on Play Store. Choose ‘Reboot into recovery’.
- Flash ROM by pressing Home+power key to switch phone off and enter recovery mode where after making current ROM’s backup and ensuring ‘Backup & restore’ option is highlighted and ‘Backup’ option has been chosen perform ‘Wipe data/ Factory Reset’ and also ‘Wipe Cache-Partition’. Once done, choose ‘Mount & Storage’> ‘format/system, format/data, format/cache. Select ‘Install zip from Sd-Card’> ‘Choose zip from Sdcard’> choose the copied ROM file > confirm installation to begin.