In this guide check out how to update Samsung Galaxy mega 6.3 Android Kitkat 4.4, 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware via CM 11.
CyanogenMod 11- a powerful ROM that delivers customized usage to smartphone devices running on Android 4.4 KitKat is now also available on Samsung’s Galaxy Mega-6.3 devices. Though the custom ROM CM 11 is a third-party development and not official you can still safely use it until the official version for Mega 6.3 rumored to come out in February 2014 is launched.
With it you get all the eye-catching features of Android 4.4 KitKat including many new themes and customization, tweaks for saving battery and a faster multitasking apart from low support for memory-management.
Custom ROM CM-11 for Galaxy Mega 6.3: Limitations
- Bugs or glitches in camera on using flash
- Possible screen pixilation or other issues during video recording. This can be resolved using third-party apps.
- Custom ROM CM-11 is to be used only on Samsung Galaxy-Mega 6.3 i9200/i9205. On others it could cause permanent damage. Check device’s model number from ‘About device’ option in Settings which you’ll find in the phone menu.
Mobile battery should be minimum 60% charged, phone should be rooted. Take all data backup, install important device drivers on computer. Ensure Clockworkmod or any other custom-recovery is installed.
Steps to Install Android 4.4 KitKat CM11 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Mega-6.3
- Download CM11-Android 4.4 for this device using link.
- The custom ROM doesn’t have Google Apps so download, flash these separately.
- Connect device to PC, enable MTP mode, transfer the two downloaded files to phone root directory and disconnect phone from computer.
- Switch off phone, boot in the installed custom-recovery mode by pressing Volume-Up+ Home together with Power button.
- Take current ROM’s nandroid backup using option ‘Backup & Restore’ from recovery mode’s main menu.
- Clear data, caches from phone memory using path: ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and then ‘wipe cache partition’.
- Choose ‘install zip from SD-card’, then ‘Choose zip from sdcard’. Navigate to CM-11 RM file, select, confirm installation.
- On installation, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset wipe cache partition’.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Select ‘reboot system now’.
With that your phone, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 has been updated to 4.4 Kitkat firmware.