Your Samsung Galaxy Note II can be updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. Follow the guide for Galaxy Note 2 4.3 Jelly Bean successful update.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has been officially announced by Google team and right after Google Nexus devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10) it’s the Samsung device to follow the trends. Making use of Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition source, Samsung is geared up to release the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to Galaxy S4 first then followed with Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S3 and other devices which qualify.
In this guide we give the procedure on how you can update Samsung Galaxy Note II with the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. Moving Android 4.2 you might not find many improvements but you should always have the latest version of software on your device. In this firmware update we make use of ClockWorkMod Recovery to update your device, however your Samsung powered device can also be updated using Odin tool, the guide for it will be available soon.
Preparing Your Phone
Before proceeding to update your device, you should ensure the following update requirements -
- Your Galaxy Note II phone should be rooted first. This is primary requirement, although we have no guide to given you help with this, you can search on web and root your device.
- Enable USB debugging by going through “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- We recommend you to charge your handset to 100% of battery life. This will give you no problems during update.
- It’s required to take backup of existing ROM on your device. Atleast take the backup of important files.
- This process only applies to unlocked Galaxy Note II phone but not to any other contract handsets offered by SprintGuide to Root Sprint Galaxy S5 Easily - How to Guide. Read more ... », Verizon, T-MobileT-Mobile Unlock Phone using Device Unlock App. Read more ... » or US Cellular.
Firmware Files Required
Download Optimus G Pro 4.3 Jelly Bean Pack
Dowload and install ROM Manager app on your phone
Samsung Galaxy Note II 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
Follow the procedure carefully to update your Note 2 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware release -
- Transfer the downloaded Note II 4.3 Jelly Bean pack to your SD card storage. The file location should be easily known to you. This can be done by connecting your phone to USB cable or any other means to transfer the files from PC to your phone or download directly on your phone as well.
- Make sure to install the ROM Manager app on your phone and this requires rooting on your device.
- Open ROM Manager and boot your device in the Clock Work Mod Recovery.
- Your device will be automatically rebooted and you will be taken to CWM Recovery Menu. Do nothing until the process completes.
- For Your Info: Recovery mode Volume Rockers keys are intended for the purpose of navigation between options and Power button to select a highlighted option.
- First you need to Backup the existing firmware of your device. So select Backup & Restore and then select Backup.
- In the Recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” option.
- Clear off “Clear the Dalvik cache” by going through Advanced.
- Come back to CWM Recovery Menu and then select “Install zip from SD card”, navigate to Optimus G Pro Jelly Bean pack and the firmware process update will begin.
- Within 5 minutes you Galaxy Note II will be reverted back to CWM menu, this means firmware has been applied and it just requires booting your phone once.
- Now select “reboot system now” to reboot your device in normal mode.